Wednesday 12 September 2012

Full steam ahead for Christmas

My post today is a couple of cards I made a few weeks ago with stamps from the The Gift of Christmas. I wanted to create backgrounds using Shaded Lilac and Picked Raspberry Distress Inks.
I stamped the mistletoe snowflake with the raspberry and then used the same colour ink to colour the rest of the card. I then stamped the Merry Christmas sentiment onto white card and cut it with a nestability label. I left the die in place and inked so to leave a white border. I repeated on a larger label to mount onto. I added a gem to the centre of the snowflakes and finished by putting onto a white card. The Lilac card is done in the same way. I called this post full steam ahead as I've been busy making cards as the girls I work with have been asking for cards already so I have had a production line going through the holidays. I'll try and take a couple of photographs to show the cards I've made. Happy stamping Debbie

3 comments:

Paula (PEP) said...

Terrific design & so effective with the additional gems on the snowflakes. Love the way the two are different yet based on the same design.
Paula (PEP)

Bea said...

fab cards - those colours are gorgeous - and I am really tempted to "need" them!

Anonymous said...

Great cards Debbie and love the way you have shaded them using the templates. Suexxx