Hello. The card I have today is made with Adirondack inks, Distress inks, black embossing powder and my Gelli Plate. I'm not good at tidying up painty mess so when I saw the Gelli Plate being demonstrated at Harrogate show using inks rather than paint I just had to give it a go. I have only used the plate with Adirondack and Distress and must say the Adirondack gives a better effect than the Distress. The distress inks bead even when brayered many times. After a play day on Thursday with Glenda and Lesley other dye ink pads can be used, I think it will be a trial and error technique.
I started by applying Peach Bellini to the Gelli Plate with the brayer as a base coat, it looked as if there was hardly any ink on there but it definitely is. Next, I inked the wood grain stamp from the new Nature Fragments stamp plate with Cranberry and stamped on the Gelli Plate. I repeated with my new favourite colour Stream then placed a square of white card over the plate and rubbed with my hand. I love the reveal when lifting the card away to see what's happened underneath.
The beauty of using the ink rather than paint is that you can over stamp with fine detailed stamps. For the stamping I used the Gothic Angels stamps, the Angel has been coloured with pens using similar colours to the background.
I have a few more cards using this technique to post and hope that you'll give it a try.
Thanks for visiting,