Monday 7 April 2014

Patchwork Trees in Blues

I usually start by stamping my new stamps with black ink but felt I needed a change and used Cornflower Blue Archival ink which is a firm favourite colour.
 
 
 
I had a piece of card that I'd stamped the flower pattern from Texture Fragments with Versamark ink and left to dry. I then rubbed an acrylic block with Tumbled Glass Distress Ink, spritzed with water and laid the card on to it. When the card had dried I stamped the Patchwork trees and flowers with the Cornflower Blue ink. I used a little of the blue to water colour under the flowers to give them a grounding. For the base of the card I used masked a border and stamped the fragment. I added a sentiment and mounted onto blue card.
                                                              
                                                                  Thanks for visiting
                                                                           Debbie

4 comments:

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

A beautiful card Debbie, I love the use of the texture stamp in the background of the topper.

Sue xx

Paula (PEP) said...

What caught my eye with this was that masked border & how it adds brilliant weight to the whole design which looks so balanced because of your use of the white space as a counterweight. Your echoing of the stamped fragment in the sky has worked beautifully & I love the little textures given by the acrylic block technique. You certainly sent a smile my way with this one.
Paula (PEP)

Shirley said...

This is beautiful, Debbie, I would have never thought to use the aquas with the blues! Wow~ Thanks for sharing how you did the beautiful sky behind your beautiful trees and flowers.

Phree said...

Beautiful artwork, love the tone one tone in shades of blue.