Saturday 17 January 2015

Heart Themed cards

 
 
Three heart cards from me today with a love theme.
 
It was a pleasure to use a different coloured embossing powder to my usual black. The heart stamp shows how detailed it is as the powder isn't very fine. I cut it out and fixed with pads then stamped the 'I love you' from Party Words and Birds 
I drew the border freehand and matted with red before attaching to the base card.
 
 
 
I thought the three heart drop would look good on it's own.
I think if a bride is batch making cards they need to be simple and easy to repeat many times.
The hearts would lend to any colour. I stamped them a second time and cut out
 to decoupage the larger hearts the smaller was fixed to the 'e' from Save the Date.
 Party Words and Birds is are clear stamps that are a great go to set.
 
 
 
 
My third card uses the heart button from Fluttering Hearts.
I love bunting and I think this stamp will be used often on my cards.


 
 
Many Thanks for visiting
Debbie

 





1 comment:

Paula (PEP) said...

Your drawn border complements the image beautifully on the first sample & I like the simple elegance of the black, white & red. The second sample is very striking indeed & I particularly like your heart on the e's tail. The strung heart buttons works beautifully & is another super card for male Valentine.
It's a delight to see your refreshing CAS approach.
Paula (PEP)