The covers are 8.5 cm by 11cm and I embossed them with a folder then coloured with Spiced Marmalade Distress Ink. For the inside of the book I folded the strips of card mountain and valley folds so it would concertina when closed. I added Cotton Ribbon which I coloured with inks to the back before I glued the cover on.
To decorate I cut white card pieces smaller and than the kraft card. I had seen the North Star stencil used by a DT member and had to have it in my stash. I used it with different colour inks on each piece of card for a background. The stamps for the decoration I used the Dressmaking Collage Clear stamps and stamped, coloured and cut out.
The card below was made with inspiration from a workshop I did with Lesley W. I started with a thin strip of card and stamped the crackle stamp from Natural Eggs. The bodice was stamped with Memento black ink and coloured with alcohol pens then trimmed. A couple of die cut leaves were tucked underneath the bodice and fixed onto a die cut circle.
I hope this post may have inspired to use the little pieces of card that just cannot be thrown away.
Thanks for visiting