Monday 14 September 2015

Spooky, Drink if you Dare

 
Hi.
My inspiration for todays projects comes from all the bottles that are being decorated by people on pinterest. I thought these would look great sitting on the windowsill where the visiting children will see them.
The bottle were bought from the pound shop and the straws were included.
 
 
I didn't want to add lots of texture but wanted bright colours that couldn't be seen through.
 
The first was the orange bottle and I prepared it with clear gesso, waited for it to dry and applied the Dylusions Squeezed Orange paint. I stamped onto the dry paint with Black Archival with stamps from Put a Spell on You. As I had waited over twenty four hours for the drying process, I decided to try painting the Fresh Lime and Crushed Grape directly to the bottle.  I was delighted to see the paint didn't puddle and gave great coverage.The witch on the green bottle is from the Hocus Pocus stamp set. For the grape coloured bottle I stamped onto a die cut label  and attached with ribbon. A little twine was added to the neck of each bottle and I used stamps from each set to decorate the straws with circles of card.
 
 
For the card I cut a circle as a moon mask and applied the two colours with soft bristle brushes. Both sets of the stamps mix so well together.
 
Many thanks for visiting
Debbie

No comments: