Monday 7 May 2018

Some where ...

Hello and  I hope all is good this May Bank Holiday.

I indulged in spending time in my craftroom yesterday to play with stamps and inks.
I have seen Stripey the flamingo coloured in various ways so I decided to paint him with distress inks in his true colours, pink and coral.


I started with the Rainbow Stencil and used Finnabairs light paste coloured with black Brusho powder. I used the powder so it didn't thin out the paste.


For colouring the Rainbow I used Distress inks that were the colours closest and vibrant.


I didn't want the colours to blend as they would have gone muddy so waited till each had dried completely before adding the next. I think that when using Kassa Hayseldon stamps and stencils you can go crazy with colour and sparkle. . Ice stickles was added all over the rainbow.


I stamped with the staggered lines from the border stamp set. It is going to be a real worker stamp for me. Of course Mr Stripey had to be wearing his top hat as he's off to find the pot of gold.



1 comment:

flyingdutchbird said...

I love this Debbie! The rainbow is fab, gorgeous colours and I really like the flamingo's red hat :) Nice!
Karin