Saturday 6 December 2014

An Under the Sea Canvas

 
I recently received a canvas as a gift from a friend and when the Steampunk Funk Fish and Sea world stamps arrived set to work immediately.
The canvas is 10cm by 30cm in size. I've recently fallen in love with working on canvas so it was great fun to play.
 
 
 
I started with stamping onto scraps of card that were coloured with Brusho inks and Distress spray colours. For the background I used gesso, stencils with paste, ink sprays, paints, cogs and watch faces found at a flee market. The fishes and ship wreck were attached and a leaf sprig for dimension.
 
Many thanks for visiting
Debbie 

1 comment:

Paula (PEP) said...

I love the way your green jellyfish balance your green foliage & the way that shipwreck nestles amongst the bits of scrap upon the seabed. Your crackly bubbles add beautifully to the atmosphere & the movement generated by the objects extending beyond the edges of the canvas is a lovely touch.
Paula (PEP)