Sunday 28 December 2014

Goldfish Bowl

 
Hi, it's my intention that today I'll be able to have time to myself to ink up a
couple of new stamps and have some fun. I hope everyone has had a good Christmas.
 
I made this card for my husband whose birthday isn't until August but he loves his fish tank
and spends lots of time looking after the fish in it.
The fish were stamped onto card that had been coloured with spray inks then cut out and decoupaged.
The background is also coloured with sprays and stamped onto then I used pencils to colour the seaweed. For the shape I used dinner plates of two sizes. The cogs on the frame are from
 Steampunk Christmas heat embossed with  silver powder and distressed with black soot ink.
 
 
 
 
My second is a tag that's gone into a tag book which I've been adding to during this year, a few of my favourite Chocolate Baroque stamps.
 The tag is painted with two blues and white blending from the white to the darker blue.
I used bubble wrap to make the white dots on the tag.
 The Octopus is sitting on a shell from Underwater stamps.
I stamped the shell and the jelly fish from Steampunk Funky Fish onto white card
and coloured with alcohol pens.
I will post the other pages from my tag book on my blog over the next few days.
 
 
 
Thanks for visiting
 
Debbie
 

2 comments:

Paula (PEP) said...

That's a delightful card for your husband. The goldfish look super swimming in their underwater world & I particularly like the sense of movement with the 4 fish swimming one way & the larger fish swimming in the opposite direction. The outer cogs provide a lovely shimmer frame hinting at the shininess of a glass bowl both in shape & lustre. Your tag is very effective with the darker blue moving into aqua & then white - giving the impression of sunlight hitting the ocean's surface. I love your placing of the octopus with his tentacles curling about the shell - there's such dimensional illusion created by that.
Paula (PEP)

Sue said...

like them,