Wednesday 31 December 2014

Mixed Media Canvas

 
 This year I have been very fortunate to attend a couple of workshops with very talented artists.
I'm lucky to know many gifted crafters/friends who I love to meet up with as often as possible.
 
This canvas was made after a workshop with Finnabair and features my beautiful daughter.
I thoroughly enjoyed making it and applying the techniques I'd
learned at the workshop. Finn is such a great teacher and so generous, sharing her knowledge.
 
 
 My husband and daughter quite liked it at this stage.
 
 
They were horrified when I covered it all in Heavy Black Gesso.
 
 
 
 
 Fortunately I had a plan of where I was taking it.
 
 
I love the effects that the Silks paint have on black.
 
Thanks for visiting
Debbie
 

3 comments:

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

Wow, this is stunning Debbie I love the gorgeous colours. Thanks for photographing the process as I would love to have a go at this.

Sue xx

Paula (PEP) said...

Intriguing to see the various steps along the way. This really shows how valuable workshops are in encouraging the trying of different techniques - I think it would have been scary applying the black if following paper instructions.
Very striking indeed.
Paula (PEP)

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

Gorgeous canvas Debbie, I also love using Silks, they are wonderful. I've been wanting to create something like this for a long time, it's still 'in my head'. Your book of tags in the previous post is also wonderful, beautiful! Happy New Year, wishing you all the best in 2015, Hugs, Shirleyxx