Monday 13 February 2012

Rose Trees for a friend



I've coloured the trees with Alcohol pens. On the first I stamped twice and coloured. Then punched out a circle of the tree and placed over the main image.
For the second card, I punched another circle from post it notes and masked above the tree for the sun, I used Dried Marigold and Mustard Seed Distress Ink to colour.
To ground the trees I used Peeled Paint.




The Rose Tree stamp took me back to my childhood. My parents had a selection of standard rose bushes in the front garden. I remember thinking 'How do they not fall over.' I love standard roses and it seems they have gone out of fashion and you don't see many now adays.


I met a friend after Christmas, who has been crafting for many years. She told me she wasn't buying any stamps this year as she has stamps bought in the past and never used. I was telling her about the new stamps from Chocolate Baroque. Well we saw each other again a few weeks later and I wasn't surprised when she told me she had fallen in love with the stamps and bought them.

Happy crafting
Debbie

2 comments:

Paula (PEP) said...

That is such a lovely idea with the first one & the glow created in the second is terrific. It's super to see the ribbon matching the roses so beautifully & really giving the brain an idea of wetness on the rose petals.
Paula (PEP)

Miranda said...

Beautiful cards Debbie, especiallu the 2nd one always like sponging into a circle, the effect is always beautiful! And indeed roses are not any more what they were, they don't smell anymore......greetz Mirandax