Thursday 28 May 2015

A little table revamp

My hubby was wanting a little table to stand beside a chair in his man cave (the back room). We had a look around a few stores and couldn't find anything to suit so I suggested a table that was stored in the loft. My Mum used it to keep her sewing bits and bobs inside it.

I sanded with fine sand paper to take off any loose bits of varnish.
I wanted to go with a shabby chic look and bought Decoart Americana Chalky Finish paint which is gorgeous. It is so creamy to apply. I did apply two coats with a soft brush as the wood is quite dark and I wanted an even coverage.

The scary bit was the stencilling as I didn't want any bleeding. I used black gesso as it is really thick and applied with a sponge.
I was delighted when I lifted the stencil, no bleeding under.
When my hubby saw it finished he asked if I wanted a challenge and suggested we retrieve our old well love bureau from the shed and revamp that.
It's going to be a painty weekend.
Thanks for stopping by


Monday 25 May 2015

Sewing Mini Book

 Good morning. I have recently been making wedding invitations for a friends daughter and had many strips of A3 kraft card left over from them. I hate to throw anything away so kept them for future use. Here is a little project I have made using a couple of them.

The covers are 8.5 cm by 11cm and I embossed them with a folder then coloured with Spiced Marmalade Distress Ink. For the inside of the book I folded the strips of card mountain and valley folds so it would concertina when closed. I added Cotton Ribbon which I coloured with inks to the back before I glued the cover on.
To decorate I cut white card pieces smaller and than the kraft card. I had seen the North Star stencil used by a DT member and had to have it in my stash. I used it with different colour inks on each piece of card for a background. The stamps for the decoration I used the Dressmaking Collage Clear stamps and stamped, coloured and cut out.
The card below was made with inspiration from a workshop I did with Lesley W. I started with a thin strip of card and stamped the crackle stamp from Natural Eggs. The bodice was stamped with Memento black ink and coloured with alcohol pens then trimmed. A couple of die cut leaves were tucked underneath the bodice and fixed onto a die cut circle.
I hope this post may have inspired to use the little pieces of card that just cannot be thrown away.
Thanks for visiting

Sunday 17 May 2015

Lace and Waste Cards

Good morning. Two cards from me today.
The first is a clean and simple using the newest release stamps and a lovely verse from
 Loving Sentiments. The ribbon/lace was stamped onto the cream card and the flower on another piece and cut out. I cut close to the centre which allowed me to curl the petals for dimension. I matted onto a similar blue card to the ink and fixed to the A5 base card.

The second card was made during an inky play session. I cut a piece of A4 white card into two and out came the Brusho Colours. For one piece of the card I sprinkled the Brusho lightly and spritzed with water. When dry, I distressed through sequin waste with black soot DI ink and cut to DL size. The other piece of card had a lot more Brusho on and I stamped the Sewing Room mannequin with black ink and cut out.
I stamped the mannequin from the Floral Mannequins set onto the card and placed the cut out on top.
Thanks for visiting

Saturday 9 May 2015

Pretty paper and Mannequin card

Good morning.
The sewing themed stamps are right up my street and they make up into really great cards.

My last order from Chocolate Baroque a paper pad fell into my shopping basket and I thought I'd use some of the paper for a card. The pad is from Prima 6x6 size, double sided and it's called Butterfly. Unfortunately it's out of stock at the moment but there are others that could be as pretty.
 The mannequin was stamped with black ink onto cream card then clear embossed. I stamped the flower with pink as I wanted to add a little detail to the bodice. For the skirt of the mannequin I used a knife and cut out the detail so the patterned paper of the oval showed through. A second oval was added behind and then attached to the card. The natural ribbon makes lovely bows and for another project I have coloured it.

Thanks for stopping by

Friday 1 May 2015

Sew simple

Hello to all visiting today. You are in for a treat this month with the new stamps. The design team have put together many fabulous cards and projects.

I have used the Mannequin from The Sewing Room and the buttons from the clear set called the Dress Making Collage. I created a border with tape and stamped the buttons with three different blue inks. The tape was removed and I stamped the Mannequin with black archival ink then coloured with pencils. The sentiment I've added means I can send the card for various occasions.

Many thanks for visiting