Over the weekend I shut the door of my craftroom and played. I had downloaded these bobbins or spools from the Chocolate Baroque website. They have been designed by the talented Lesley Wharton and are in 6 different designs. I'm like a magpie and had to have them all along with the ribbon cards.
I have been quilting more since Christmas and have a pin cushion with my sewing equipment so decided that I'd make a few more. I had bought some polystyrene eggs at Easter and didn't get round to making them up. They are ideal for this project. I cut them in half and scored them so that I could tuck the fabric into the half egg and covered with ribbon. I have made Christmas baubles using this technique in the past.
I rummaged through my bits and bobs box and added flowers, ribbons and pins to embellish. I enjoyed going through my bead stash and adding the beads and bead caps to the long pins.
The lace for the ribbon card was given to me by a friend who had to cleared her Mums house and there was far to much, (stuff) to go into her new flat. I'm using the stuff that was in the tin sparingly.
Thanks for stopping by
PS pop over to my DT buddy Judiths blog as she has been creating too.