Tuesday 30 December 2014

Brightly coloured Tags

 
 
The next four tags are bright with colours and the backgrounds were great fun to make.
I started by applying the inks on each tag. The flower tag was stamped on and the for the
Julie Nutting Doll tag I used a stencil and lifted some of the ink off the tag using a baby wipe.
I love to paper piece the dolls clothes and my niece loves to come over and play with the dolls I have.
 
 
 
The seventh page isn't easy to see, I coloured the background with distress inks and then spritzed with water. The solid butterflies were stamped with white paint and them kiss stamped with a musical note stamp in black ink.
The Lady in Hat is coloured with pens and she's on a background of distress paints that were blended with spritzed water. For the daisies I stamped them onto self adhesive paper and coloured with pens. I love the face of the Lady in Hat, she's so pretty.
 
 
 
 
This is the last tag in the book that I've mad so far. I will add to it during 2015
 
 
 
Thanks for visiting
Debbie
 
 

3 comments:

Paula (PEP) said...

The flowers on the harlequin & script background really make me smile & I like the way you then used a chequeerboard pattern for the background of the doll tag. The geometrical shapes across the two tags are a joy with the polka dots of the doll's dress being echoed by the flower centres in the floral tag. The musical butterflies are lovely & thermal especially with the little 'splatters' I can see. You're right the lady is a gem & I love how you have carried the theme of the flowers on her hat through into the background above her.
Paula (PEP)

Paula (PEP) said...

The 'thermal' butterflies should read 'ETHEREAL' - the delights of auto correct!
Paula (PEP)

Paper Engineer said...

Love all of this Debbie, the bright colours are infectious and make me want to grab paints, inks etc and have a play. Lesley