Sunday 1 February 2015

Anniverary frame with a bit of sparkle

Last weekend while out shopping I spotted a bright pink plastic frame that my daughter fell in love with and the crafter in me thought 'what can I do with this.'


 
 
 
The frame only cost 99p so wasn't to worried if it all went wrong and ended up in the bin.
I started by covering the frame with white Gesso and when dry painted. I didn't want to use the glass in the frame so covered the backing with art basics 3D Gloss Gel and laid hessian on. When dry I covered with art basics Gesso and then used the soft matt gel through a stencil and while still wet sprinkled glitter on. I sprayed the flowers and the hessian dark pink and shimmer spray. I die cut a card heart and covered with paper that has a key on and put Glossy Accents on. The embellishments are from my precious stash that I'm slowly using because I love them sooooo much. The 25 signifies it'll be our 25th wedding anniversary this year.

I've had real fun making this and intend making a few more for around my craftroom.
 
Thanks for stopping by
Debbie

2 comments:

Maremi's Small Art said...

This is very special piece ! I love how you altered your frame, magical. Thank you so much for sharing your art work with us. Thank you for taking part in Finnabair 'Sparkle & Shine' challenge. Best of luck. Hugs, Marta xx

Julie Smith said...

Love your frame, the transformation is fabulous.