Monday 16 March 2015

Tea for three

 
I'm loving the quick cards, that I've been inspired by Finnabair to make.
This little cup is quickly becoming a firm favourite in my collection of rubber stamps.
 
 
Instead of using my watercolour pencils for colouring the image I grated the pencil over the card and then misted with water. I found I could be precise with where I wanted the colour to be.
When dry I did a little stamping with a mesh stamp and stencilling through sequin waste. The freeform lines are a little scary to do but the quicker you do it the better they turn out. I have been cutting many doily dies for a project I'm doing at the moment so coloured one of the to add behind the cups. The cups were stamped with permanent ink and I cut a slit into the cup allowing me to slot them together. I covered the cups with glossy accent and sprinkled white Art Sugar which unfortunately is hard to see on the picture.
 
Thanks for stopping by
Debbie

4 comments:

Sue said...

Love, love and love these. Clever lady

Paula (PEP) said...

The stacking of the cups is a lovely touch & I particularly like your freehand lines - very effective with the cup balancing on the bowed curve of the horizontal ones. Interestingly effective the way your mesh 'holes' are blue whereas the doily perforations are white - mirroring each other.
Paula (PEP)

Tracy said...

Gorrrrrrgeous! !!!!xxx

Margaret Iddon said...

Love it, thought Finnabair was all about dark grunge but this is really beautiful