Thursday 28 May 2015

A little table revamp

My hubby was wanting a little table to stand beside a chair in his man cave (the back room). We had a look around a few stores and couldn't find anything to suit so I suggested a table that was stored in the loft. My Mum used it to keep her sewing bits and bobs inside it.

 
I sanded with fine sand paper to take off any loose bits of varnish.
 
 
I wanted to go with a shabby chic look and bought Decoart Americana Chalky Finish paint which is gorgeous. It is so creamy to apply. I did apply two coats with a soft brush as the wood is quite dark and I wanted an even coverage.
 

The scary bit was the stencilling as I didn't want any bleeding. I used black gesso as it is really thick and applied with a sponge.
 
I was delighted when I lifted the stencil, no bleeding under.
 
 
When my hubby saw it finished he asked if I wanted a challenge and suggested we retrieve our old well love bureau from the shed and revamp that.
 
 
It's going to be a painty weekend.
 
Thanks for stopping by
Debbie
 
 

 
 

No comments: