Friday 18 December 2015

Colourful Flowers

 
Welcome to all.
My cards today are made with lots of colour, inspired by the colourful Christmas trees I have spied in peoples homes recently.
 
 The first card is made using the Open Weave and Swirl Centre stamps. The background is made from a couple of the new distress ink colours rubbed onto the card and then water flicked on helping to blend them. The open weave stamp was added around the edges, I used Wild Plum Adirondack ink for a more subtle effect. Only two flowers were used for the card, one in the centre and the second was cut for the corners. These flowers are really detailed and I'm really impressed at how the detail is picked out when embossed with powder. I coloured the flowers with colours from the pallet used on the background, pink, oranges and yellow. 
 
 
This card came from playing with inks and water. I coloured the white card with Tumbled Glass, Broken China and Stormy Sky Distress Inks, shading them down to create an ombre effect. I lightly misted the Studded Lattice stamp with water and stamped onto the card. The water on the stamp left the pattern from the stamp on the ink background. With the Magnolia single clear stamp I first stamped it with black ink onto the card and then onto book page paper and coloured with pencils. I fussy cut out the flowers and glued onto the card. The sentiment was added and to finish I matted onto black and then added to the A5 base card.

 
Many thanks for visiting
Debbie

No comments: