Wednesday 7 April 2010

Feeling Good

Haven't posted for a couple of weeks because I haven't felt like being to positive. I've been journalling to get it all out.
My DH booked for the two of us to go to Chester and Liverpool on the coach for the weekend. It is our 20th wedding anniversary today.
I enjoy travelling by coach or train as my hubby doesn't drive so I miss out on the views. The people on the coach were a very friendly bunch and varied in age. On Saturday we wandered around Chester and the weather was beautiful. There were some lovely shops to wander around. The hotel was fine and the food was delicious. Had a good nights sleep after a few glasses of wine. Neither of us have been sleeping well so it was a bonus.
We set off to Liverpool early and I felt like a little girl waiting with anticipation as I remember going to Liverpool with my Dad when I was about 8 years old. My Dad was in the mearchant Navy and the company he worked for were based there. He took my to a very posh cafe for afternoon tea. I remember feeling very important. I did have a very special relationship with my Dad and miss him dearly.
A word of advice don't go to Liverpool on Easter Sunday 'IT'S CLOSED'.
We went to the maritime museum and found some memorabilia that was a blast from the past. Match boxes that Dad would have in his suitcase and a ship that he'd travelled around the world on. I felt a sense of satisfaction and we're going to make a return journey hopefully later in the year.

1 comment:

Effie said...

Yes....... I'm in your neck of the woods!.. do you know we have a monthly crop in this area?