Friday 20 July 2012

Ikea mirrors for gifts

A quick second post this afternoon. I decorated these mirrors as gifts for the two girls I've worked with this year.
I used the Distress Ink new Summer colours that I love.
For this one I tried gold embossing powder and was pleased with the result.
I didn't used the paint that the mirrors are standing on, they're there because the ink was still a little tacky. All the stamps I've used are from Chocolate Baroque. I had real fun decorating these as they reminded me of the retreat I went to a few years ago run by Glenda and her fab team. Debbie

7 comments:

Suzi B said...

debbie, these are gorgeous1 your friends will love them
suzi b :)

Paula (PEP) said...

I think the middle one is my favourite - I've never tried anything remotely like this before. You're whetting my appetite for a Retreat too.
Paula (PEP)

Miranda said...

Hi Debbie, lovely projects you've made, like these mirrors..they are a perfect gift! Great photo's of you and your daughter, congrats to you! I've seem to have missed this sorry! warm greet Miranda

craftimamma said...

I love these mirrors too. Now I'm almost full time Mamma Daycare, I was persuaded to take some of my things in to show the teachers at nursery and got a right earwigging because I don't make these to sell, lol!

Your's are just beautiful Debbie and I couldn't possibly choose a favourite I don't think. I bet your colleagues were over the moon to receive such lovely gifts.

Hugs
Lesley Xx

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

These are stunning Debbie, and like Lesley I don't think I could pick a favorite. I've never tried making anything like this before, but you have inspired me to try something like this for my Nieces for Christmas.


Sue x

Kathryn said...

Oh fabby x love them both .... And I may have a go as my hall mirror could do with an update lol xx

Marja's Stamp Addiction en Marja's Creativity said...

WOW Debbie this is beautiful. Very lovely projects.
Lovely greet
Marja