Monday 20 August 2012

A Festive Bookshelf

I look forward to the summer holidays as I usually start my Christmas cards and this year I've decided quickly which stamps I'll use for my own cards that I'll be sending out. The bookshelf stamp colours so well and is so detailed.
I stamped with Versafine Onyx Black and embossed with Clear Wow powder. The colouring is done with a mix of Copic and Promarker Pens. The edges have been softened with Antique Linen Distress Ink and I left the Die in place so it kept a white edge. I layered onto red, cut the base card and folded to make an easel card. Thanks for stopping by and if you leave a comment Thank you. Debbie

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a lovely idea for a Christmas card. What die did you use for the shape of card?
Margaret

Paula (PEP) said...

Your softening with Antique Linen is terrific with the pale blue base & the bright red/white combination. I especially like the way you've used the pale blue & mauve for the ornaments & how you picked that up with the blue base too. Just lovely.
Paula (PEP)

Debbie said...

Hi, for Margaret and anyone who is interested I used a Go Kreate Die
No160022. I hope this helps, I did buy it about 3 years ago so I'm not sure if it is still available. Debbie

Anonymous said...

Hi Debbie
Thank you for the help, the dies are still available. I don't have a blog but get great inspiration from your ideas.
Margaret