Sunday 27 January 2013

Friends

The one thing I love about crafting is that you meet so many wonderful people. Since I began about 8 years ago I have become a collector of the precious human beings, not sure there's a name for my collection. They are spread far and wide across the country and some of them I will never meet but we chat over the web with a cup or glass of something. I recently met with a newbie friend and we chatted completely forgetting the time and the others around us. She inspired me to have a go at Paper Blocking, something I'd not done before. I set to on my much loved Tim Holtz pad and stamped, inked, arranged, re-arranged, glued and added embellishments. A massive thanks to Sue, I had the greatest fun and intend to make another soon.
The snow we've had for the last 2 weeks has finally gone replaced by strong winds and rain. Debbie

9 comments:

Sue said...

Oh my word Debbie that little piece of art is just beautiful. I am so glad that you had a go and now have the paper blocking bug. It is such a therapeutic art and the results are fab and never the same. Well done you and roll on the 23 Feb.

craftimamma said...

Wow, Debbie this is beautiful! How lovely that would look as part of the decor in a girl's bedroom. I hope it's getting pride of place somewhere.

Hugs
Lesley Xx

Paula (PEP) said...

Goodness - this looks amazing - I've heard of the technique & shall have to investigate as I'm hopeless when it comes to using patterned paper - stacks of the stuff unused from when I started crafting & didn't know I was a stamper. I know what you mean about friends - you're one of my collection! Wonder if we'll ever meet.
Paula (PEP)

Paula (PEP) said...

er......any idea about where to find info?? tried googling but ended up with all sorts of unrelated......
PEP

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

Gorgeous Debbie! I love all the detail and combination of images & embellishments. Happy Sunday, Shirleyx

Miranda said...

Hi Debbie, such a lovely piece of art work....it should look lovely on the wall somewhere in your house!greet mirandax

Fran said...

Stunning, I love it xxx

Anonymous said...

Debbie this is so so beautiful and such lovely delicate colours, any one would e pleased to own it.
Love Suexxx

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

This is gorgeous Debbie, and looks so much fun to do, and of course make a lovely pressie for someone when finished.

Sue x