Tuesday 9 April 2013

Bits and Pieces Journal Cover



For my birthday about 2 years ago, my daughter bought me a journal and it has bits and pieces and lots of ideas in it.




The cover has been blank as I was unsure how I wanted to decorate it, UNTIL, I was inspired by a few new Chocolate Baroque stamps and a technique I'd not tried before. I wanted the cover to have texture so that it felt good when I picked it up, So starting with texture paste I covered the top and stamped the Big Bold Leafy Brocade after spritzing with water so it released from the paste. For the texture at the bottom I used the Crafters Workshop Art Is stencil with the paste.

When it had dried I coloured with red and blue distress paints and waited impatiently to rub gold wax over to highlight the texture. I coloured the Elephant with alchohol pens and he's to remind me that I should remember to work in the journal more often.




It's the second week of the school holidays and I've had a couple of really nice walks out with Archie. He's on a strict diet at the moment as the vet thinks he may have an underactive thyriod so it's been smaller portions and longer walks. These photo's show his love of water usually the dirtier the better.



Today is the day I need to find the floor of my craftroom and not be distracted by playing with what I tidy away.

Thanks for visiting
Debbie

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Debbie that looks amazing just want to put my hand out and touch it.
Great choice of colours and stamps etc. Thanks for sharing
Suexxx

Paula (PEP) said...

Absolutely delightful & I love your way of reminding yourself to work in the journal. The colours look amazing - & I thought I could manage without the Distress Paints......
Paula (PEP)

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

Hi Debbie, I love your Art Journal cover, it's so rich. Your dog looks like he is having fun in the water. One of my cats shares the same name, Archie. I hope you are doing well, Shirleyxx