Wednesday 15 May 2013

Holding Hands

Over on the Chocolate Baroque Ning site Glenda has set a fun challenge using there stamps. This was originally for the design team and now rolled out to members of the Ning group.
I had an idea to cover my hand with plaster of paris and decided it would be a little tricky doing my own hand. So I set off into town looking for mannequins hands and asked in a few fashion shops with no success but I did receive a few funny looks. I visited our local Scrapstore Percy and they obliged, supplying me with a male and female hand.


This is the mans hand and it was great fun to make. I used the Indian Textiles stamps from Chocolate Baroque stamped onto tissue with Black Archival and glued with Claudine Hellmuth matte medium.



The female hand is more slender than the male so I did a little snipping of the tissue so it layed flatter.



I really enjoyed playing with this project and they are proudly displayed on our coffee table, I suppose they could be useful as paper weights.

Thanks for visiting

Debbie

3 comments:

Suzi B said...

Wow debbie these hands are fabulous! what a great idea.
Suzi B x

Paula (PEP) said...

Oh my - no wonder you got some funny looks..... I'd love to have been a fly on the wall. The outcome is rather spectacular but you did make me laugh when it came to the paperweights.
Your details are spectacular & I love the way the red pinated nails are echoed in the feathers of the peacock.
Paula (PEP)

Sue said...

Back of the net Debbie. They are just fab and what a brilliant show case of the stamps and your TALENT.