Monday 16 December 2013

A Trio of Cornflowers

In the middle of the rush towards the festive season, I have a card that reminds me of days walking through the fields during the Summer. It won't be long and the dark nights will start to get shorter.
The flower single Clear Stamps are delightful to colour.





When I had stamped the Cornflower three times with Memento black, I did a search of Pinterest to find pictures of the flower, the colours are amazing. I coloured with alcohol pens, the same for all three then trimmed and mounted onto a blue card. I was a little stuck for a background as I didn't want it to be to fancy working against the flowers so I set too with the pens I'd used to colour the Cornflowers. With my glass matt and a ruler I drew lines with the fine tip of the pen creating a checked background. I started by drawing the darker blue at one centimetre intervals and five millimetres and then in between with the lighter blue and green pens. When finished I trimmed the background, added a sentiment and the stamped images, the centre flower is raised on foam pads.

Many thanks for visiting, Debbie.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Really love this Debbie so lovely and fresh and reminder of brighter days ahead, Thank you for sharing.
Fabulous background you created as well.
Suexxx

Paula (PEP) said...

I love the way you created that plaid background - it does just what you intended. I particularly like your spacing & the w ay you integrated both the lighter & darker blues. The added dimension to that central panel is very effective & a lovely piece of designing.
Paula (PEP)

Mrs O crafty blog said...

What a beautiful card Debbie... Cornflowers are such a pretty flower and these are coloured beautifully Px