Wednesday 4 December 2013

Owl you need is Love

Hello.
I decided to make a bright and colourful background for this little owl to sit against. So out came the inks, stamps and stencils.


For the owl I used glossy card and distress inks and stamped with Archival black as I used Versafine wasn't drying on the card. He is a little cutie and not so tricky to cut out.
For the background I started colouring a white piece of card with squeezed lemonade, peeled paint and peacock feathers. With stormy sky I stencilled through a circle mask and then stamped with the wavy lines stamp from Abstract Fragments. I had my melt pot handy and poured UTEE onto the stamp and cut out a wavy edge heart. When it cooled I rubbed with gold wax to highlight the detail. Finally I stamped the sentiment and added to the top corner.
Thanks for visiting. Debbie

2 comments:

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

A gorgeous card Debbie, love this owl and have a feeling he is going to become a favorite.

Sue x

Paula (PEP) said...

The way the waves in the utee heart are echoed by the background stamping is super & I love the effect of the metallic finish - by the power of association (maybe only in my brain) it makes the cog metallic too! The circles in the background really help to accentuate the owls eyes.
Paula (PEP)