Sunday 12 January 2014

A Tranquil moment captured in a frame

Good Morning. Rather than making a card with these beautiful stamps, I chose to make a piece of art to frame and display in my craft room. At the moment the walls are all white after being newly decorated and I've decided they will stay that colour as it feels a lot bigger to work in.


I thought it would be easier to post photos of how I made the background rather than try to explain all the details. This is the first time I've done this so please excuse any mistakes.

I started by stamping the lady from the Serenity Stamp set with Versafine Onyx Black and embossing with clear powder. I coloured her with Alcohol pens and trimmed her out then went on to create the background.

I drew three different sized circles on a piece of copier paper and started by cutting out the smallest and colouring.


Next I cut the second size circle and sponged more ink.


Then I cut the third size and added a slightly darker ink.

I placed the stamped lady onto the sun to see how she fitted with the size of it.


Happy with it so far I made a mask and added a few different green Distress Inks.


When the background colouring was done I stamped the branches and irises with green ink and added a few white pen highlights. Unfortunately I didn't photograph the stamping of the frame as the light was fading. I hope this has given a little insight into the making of this project.

Thank you so much for visiting today, Debbie xx

5 comments:

Elaine said...

Thanks for the step by step of the background Debbie. It's given a great effect and a touch of sunshine for your craft room wall which will be very welcome on those dull days we have had so much lately. Elaine

Sue said...

Beautiful, elegant, graceful and just pretty stunning. well done hun.

Pat said...

This makes a beautiful picture and it is great to get an insight into how you created it. These stamps are gorgeous, and I love the colours you have used.

Beth Norman said...

Very nice tutorial. I like the way you sponged the yellows together. I might have to give it a try.

Paula (PEP) said...

The frame itself looks striking with all the subtle golden nuances & I particularly like the way the reddish tones are echoed by the image's clothing. Your lilypad seat looks very dimensional & the concentric circles background is very atmospheric, especially with the blossoms from above hanging down into that are. The scene setting with the irises at the base helps ground the whole scenario. I'm glad you're going to keep this one for yourself. Won't the white highlights you used look brilliant with the white of your walls as the backdrop?
Thank you for the photos too - very instructive indeed.
Paula (PEP)