Sunday 6 July 2014

Inky background

Yesterday I blogged a card that had an inky background and a friend asked how I'd made it.
So I decided to take a couple of photos of how I made it.
 
 
 
 
These are the bits and bobs I used.

 
 
 
Apply the ink to an acrylic block.
 
 
 
 
Spritz with a fine mist of water and small beads of ink will form.
 
 
 
 
Place the stamp onto the block, I didn't stick the stamp to a block.

 
 
 
You can see the beads of ink on the stamp.
 
 
 
I repeated inking the stamp from the block and placed randomly on the card.
 
 
 
 
The background has three colours and I found the more randomly the stamping, the happier I was with the results.

 
Many thanks for stopping by
 
Debbie
 

 
 
 
 


2 comments:

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

Such a lovely background Debbie and a great tutorial, thanks for showing us how you made it.

Sue xx

Paula (PEP) said...

Thank you so much for this - very helpful & absolutely intriguing. I was stunned by how effective it is - in its randomness.
Paula (PEP)