Sunday 2 February 2014

Purple Mackintosh Panel Card

Good morning. I hope the damp weather isn't affecting the crafty mojo. I tend to think it helps me concentrate more as there is less to do outside and I don't feel guilty.




I don't usually start with coloured card but love this purple and stamped the roses from the set with Versafine Black Ink and added gold Stickles to the centres. The centre flower panel is stamped with black ink and heat embossed with clear powder. I coloured only the flower with Alcohol pens as I wanted the flower to stand out. The panel was matted onto purple and black and fixed to the card with foam pads.

Thanks for visiting

Debbie

2 comments:

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

I love everything about this gorgeous card Debbie, the colour is perfect.

Sue xx

Paula (PEP) said...

The purple background overstamped with those gold centred roses provides a lovely foil for the boldness of the white panel - I love the way the gold rose centres echo the pale focal flower's centre too but keeping the focal flower's centre unglittered somehow draws the eye further into the latter. The black & purple matting of different widths enhances the Mackintosh linear pattern behind the flower beautifully too. A very dramatic card which exemplifies the beauty of Colour Theory…….
Paula (PEP)